Northwest A&F University is a key university under the jurisdiction of the Chinese Ministry of Education. The university is supported by the Chinese Ministry of Education’s Projects “985” and “211”.To promote the rapid development of the University, the A&F is seeking highly qualified researchers and scholars from home and abroad.
Talents of the following three types are urgently needed.
1. Outstanding academic leaders: Researchers or scholars with doctoral degrees who are appointed as professors or research professors at an accredited foreign university with outstanding performance in teaching and research. Applicants should be less than 50 years old.
2. Academic leader: Researchers or scholars holding doctoral degrees who are appointed as an associate professor (or higher academic rank) at an accredited foreign university with key results in research. Applicants should be less than 45 years old.
3. Academic backbones: Applicants having an appointment as an assistant professor (or higher academic rank) at accredited foreign universities or having just finished the postdoctoral research at accredited foreign universities, or outstanding graduates having just finished doctoral study. Applicants should be less than 40 years old.
Biology, agricultural engineering, food science and engineering, crop science, horticulture, soil science, plant protection, animal husbandry, veterinary science, mechanics design and manufacture, computer science and technology, agricultural and forestry economics and management, and other fields related to the university.
1. Scientific research start-up funds: 2,000,000-3,000,000 RMB will be awarded to successful applicants for outstanding academic leaders; 1,000,000-2,000,000 RMB for academic leaders; 300,000-800,000 RMB for academic backbones.
2. Academic title: After evaluation by the University Academic Appraising Committee, the successful applicants will be directly appointed to posts with academic titles commensurate with their professional skills and previous accomplishments.
3. Housing subsidy: Apartments of 130m2-280m2 will be provided by the University. The individual will have the total ownership of the apartment after ten years of work at the University.
4. Moving and household set-up allowance: A moving and house-hold set-up allowance of 300,000 RMB will be given to outstanding academic leaders; 200,000 RMB for academic leaders; and 100,000 RMB for academic backbones
5. Pay: Payroll payment in line with the relevant standard for specific posts. Annual salary system can be practiced for outstanding academic leaders.
6. Assistance can be given to help spouses to find employment.
7. Additional benefits will be negotiated if the applicant has outstanding achievements in research or work
IV. Application procedure
1. Applicants should submit a copy of the Northwest A&F University Job Application Form. The form can be downloaded from http://rsc.nwsuaf.edu.cn. The applicant should also submit:
1. A list of research accomplishments during the last five years
2. Three representative journal articles along with photocopies of the journal cover and the table of contents for the issues in which the articles were published
3. Photocopies of diplomas and school certificates for the applicant’s highest academic degree and relevant work credentials.
4. Three recommendation letters by peer professors
2. Applications will be evaluated by the University Academic Appraising Committee. An invitation to interview will be sent to qualified applicants after review (all travel costs including domestic and international airfare for the successful applicants will be covered by the A&F).
3. If the candidate passes the interview, his/her application will be forwarded to the Working Group for Personnel Affairs for additional review.
4. After final approval by the Working Group for Personnel Affairs, formal acceptance procedures, including the signing of a statement of agreement will be completed.
V. Contact information
Contact person: Mr. Zhang Pengfei Ms. Chen Xiaoyan
Mailing address: Human Resources Division
Northwest A&F University
3 Taicheng Road, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100
P. R. China
Post Code: 712100
Tel: +86-29-87082855 Fax: +86-29-87082871